The Commercial Sector covers a wide variety of building types including:
- Nursing / Residential Care Homes
- Health Centres & Hospitals
- Office Buildings
- Fire Stations & Police Stations
- Train and Bus Depots
- Factories & Industrial sites
There are very few building types that will not benefit from the use of some form of large scale water saving technology and we at Aquality have been involved in designing systems for virtually every type of building imaginable.
With such a wide variety of building types and uses, Aquality would look at each project individually and work with the designer or contractor to provide the most cost effective system to meet the specific requirements of the building.
Rainwater Harvesting would generally be the first technology to be investigated in the commercial sector as many of these types of buildings will produce enough water from the roof alone to make the technology a viable alternative to mains water supply only.
However, the ever more popular use of Greywater Recycling technology (often combined with Rainwater Harvesting) will often be a very cost effective long term strategy in buildings that will produce a larger than normal quantity of Greywater (from baths, showers and wash basins) thus greatly minimizing the quantity of mains water taken to carry out tasks such as Toilet Flushing, Irrigation and, in the case of some factories, water for process requirements that do not require a potable standard water.
There are some very practical and obvious drivers for the use of Rainwater Harvesting or Greywater Recycling within the Commercial sector:
- Rainwater Harvesting & Greywater Recycling will attract point scoring under BREEAM
- Rainwater Harvesting & Greywater Recycling will greatly reduce the building’s overall water cost throughout it’s lifetime.
- Rainwater Harvesting & Greywater Recycling will allow the building to demonstrate it’s environmental credentials with the general public
- Rainwater Harvesting & Greywater Recycling can provide a very quick and efficient payback
- Rainwater Harvesting & Greywater Recycling can assist in aiding the planning process
- Rainwater Harvesting & Greywater Recycling fit well with the sector’s environmental philosophy, given that this sector is able to offset large water consumption
- Rainwater Harvesting will reduce the impact of surface water disposal
- Rainwater Harvesting & Greywater Recycling will produce water for irrigation during times of Hose Pipe Ban
Aquality have always been at the leading edge in water conservation and have produced mechanical Rainwater Harvesting and Greywater Recycling technology that will provide the building with the water reduction that it requires but, at the same time, will reduce the energy consumption often associated with this technology to a point where we can often demonstrate that the use of Recycled Rainwater or Greywater will be less energy consuming than taking the same quantity of water from the building’s mainswater supply.
We have worked with the biggest names in Construction and Building Services and have assisted Councils and Corporate clients with saving millions of litres of expensive mains water in their new build and retrofit projects.