The Eco-Compac is a new sophisticated yet simple next generation Domestic Rainwater Harvesting System that has been designed to meet the environmental demands of the current and future house building market in the public and private sectors.
The system has been developed to produce the water saving requirements and surface water reductions to comply with The Code for Sustainable Homes and, importantly, to do this with a minimum consumption of energy. We are confident that the system is the most energy efficient Rainwater Harvesting System currently available. The rainwater collected can be used for non potable (non drinking) applications in the home such as toilet flushing, clothes washing, car washing and garden irrigation.
Advantages of the new Eco-Compac
- The Eco-Compac System is packed with top quality German engineering expertise and has been purpose designed and engineered for use as a single house Rainwater Harvesting system. The Eco-Compac System is a complete solution where all the parts operate in harmony and maximise the output and minimise the power used.
- The Eco-Compac System uses dramatically less power than other systems on the market as it incorporates a highly efficient 24 volt variable speed pump and control system. It is truly the most advanced and energy efficient system of its type on the market.
- The Eco-Compac system control box is small – much smaller than previous units, which means it can even be placed in a kitchen cupboard or similar small spaces. On the whole, our system is smaller as all of the components are within the single housing.
- The Eco-Compac system control box is floor or wall mounted – offering greater flexibility at the installation stage.
- The Eco-Compac System control box operates at a very low noise level – a whisper while operating and completely silent when not pumping water.
- With a 24v variable pump, the power can be supplied by solar panel, wind turbine or even a car battery.
- The design ensures that there are no mechanical parts within the underground rainwater storage tank thus making the installation and operation as simple and safe as possible.
- Mains water back up is controlled and provided within the house therefore there is no requirement to provide a mains water supply back out to the underground rainwater storage tank.
- The system is as close to “plug & play” as it is possible to be and is supplied in one complete pod with all the main components already pre-wired and ready to use. This will ensure that installation is as quick and efficient as possible with the onus taken away from the installer to “build” the system on site.
- The system is supplied fully BS 8515 compliant and WRAS approved, straight out of the box and will be supplied with all the necessary interconnecting pipe-work required.
The Aqua-Control Eco incorporates all necessary elements such as pump, controls and mains water back-up in one single compact product making it easy to install within a kitchen cupboard / underneath the kitchen sink or a similar small space.
Energy Saving Pump
The combined suction/ booster pump is a low voltage (24 volt)
variable speed pump. It operates on demand and will only produce the minimal amount of flow required by the serviced appliance(s) in operation. At full flow, the pump can deliver up to 1200ltrs/hour.
Mains Water Back-up
The mains water back-up works on a AB-type air gap – WRAS approved – according to BS 8515 and is inbuilt in the controller straight from the box.
Water Level Indicator
The Controller can be fitted with a water level indicator showing how much water is available
in the outside storage tank (optional).
Low Maintenance/Stagnation Control
The system should only require very basic visual maintenance on an annual basis. Maintenance is kept to a minimum as the unit exchanges the mains water in its internal break tank automatically every 30 days, if the unit has not already switched over to mains water. This makes all valves move at least once a month keeping them active and giving them greater life expectancy. The maintenance procedure also acts as an anti- stagnation control of the mains water pipe to the unit by replacing the mains water on a regular basis rather than sitting for many months in the pipework.